Approval Process for Lecturer Position Postings
- Draft a posting for the position. The posting MUST include the following items:
- The position for which applications are being accepted, a general description of the duties of the position, and the duration of the appointment.
- The minimum and desired qualifications, and the selection criteria to be used.
- The beginning date of the appointment.
- Indication whether the position is anticipated or open and, if open, subject to final administrative approval.
The following items are required per the LEO agreement, however, they are a part of the eRecruit system and do not need to appear in the posting description, itself:
- The deadline for application.
- The expected date(s) by which appointments will be made.
The posting should also indicate that the position is subject to the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturers’ employee organization (LEO) AFT/MFT and SRP Local 6244 AFL-CIO.
- Create a job requisition in the eMploy system using the following Hiring Teams and Approvers: Hiring Teams:
Department Personnel – Hiring Manager(s)
Jennifer Piper – Hiring Manager
Sherry Hall – Hiring Manager
Kathleen Boblitt – HR Representative
Christina Truskowski – HR Representative
Christine Eccleston- Recruiter
Approvers (ALWAYS Enforce Approval Order):Department PersonnelJennifer Piper – eliminates need to get posting text approved in advance via emailKathleen Boblitt
If the posting is replacing a vacancy, check the “Replacement” box and enter the person’s name who is being replaced. Otherwise, check “New Position”.
Post position on the eRecruit website for a minimum of 10 days,
- Jennifer Piper in the ADAA office will review the posting for approval
- Once approved by ADAA, RPM will review the posting for approval and assign a unique 4-digit Position Control Number (PCN). The PCN will be visible in the Detail Page of the requisition.
- Notify all Lecturers currently on layoff within department of posting availability.
- Notify all Lecturers I and II if posting a new Lecturer III position.
- Please be sure to include the PCN on all paperwork related to the position for administrative tracking tied to the search, hire and employment activity. In addition, include the PCN on new hire paperwork and be sure to list the PCN in the remarks section with a note to HRRIS to request they close the requisition.